pages:

11.03.2010

to upholster or not to upholster?


These Kartell Ghost Chairs have been one my hot list for some years now ever since learning about them in history of modern design.  My love intensified when I did an entire interior design semester based on the designs of Phillippe Starck in the Lower East Side.  This picture above defines my style pretty well.  In the words of my beloved Vegas friends Donny and Marie, I'm a little bit country, a little bit rock and roll.  Blair Waldorf of Gossip Girl has the Ghosts upholstered in her Upper East Side penthouse....I love them both, now what shall I do?


xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I prefer the non upholstered. I like the way they look better, but I can imagine they will be more comfortable with cushions. Could you just use cushions or make some that custom fit so it's not such a permanent move too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, they are custom...so i have no idea how to get my hands on them. i sat in one yesterday...and they are ONLY 500 a chair..... :(

    ReplyDelete