pages:

10.15.2010

knoxville's hidden charm

I wanted to share a few of my new favorite places in Knoxvegas.  It has taken about 5 years, but I feel like I have finally found some of the hidden gems in this city. Two are local groceries, which are becoming evermore popular, but Knoxville did not have many options downtown.  Three Rivers Market and Aisle Nine Grocery answered the call.  Three Rivers has been around for a while and is a co-op and organic market with tons of veggie/vegan options on Broadway.  Aisle Nine was opened recently in the Old City by a former professor of mine and also has a surprising selection of organics and fresh food.
The other two are restaurants that I tried this week in honor of birthday week.  Josh and I tried The Night Owl Cafe for the first time last night and it was a sweet surprise.  They have amazing vegetarian food if you're searching in Knoxville and a great quaint atmosphere.  Owl artwork adorns the walls and the tables are chess boards. All organic and local fare, this restaurant is a rare find in this area. I had a pumpkin sandwich last night. The other is Rouxbarb, which we are trying tonight for my birthday.  I have heard great things about it; they also serve organic and local, but upscale so we are anxious to try it.
Enjoy.

1 comment: